My Audio or Video Stops playing movies after a few minutes
If the playback still stops where the buffer progress ends, then its likely a problem with your Internet connection, Wi-Fi (if using it) or your Internet connection is clogged.
On the other hand, if the buffer continues to grow, but the playback does not continue, then it’s likely a problem with your web browser or Flash plug-in.
Finally, if the buffer does not continue to grow with the playback paused (i.e. that red part does not continue to grow beyond the current position indicator), then something is interrupting your Internet connection.
Flash plug-in: Do you have problems with our videos or any of our audios stopping after 2-to what ever without fnishing? Well, I found a fix after experiencing it on my own computer. The problem seems to be an incompatibility issue with the most current issue of Flash player 22.214.171.124 and with something in your computer.
The solution I found was to downgrade your current version of Flash player and reinstall an older Flash player version 126.96.36.199. Here are a few steps to fix this problem from your Windows PC:
1. First you will need to uninstall the current version of Flash player on your computer.
2. Click this link to Download the Official Adobe Flash player uninstaller from their website.
3. Put the downloaded file "uninstall_flash_player.exe" in the C:/ drive
4. Run the uninstall file: uninstall_flash_player.exe
5. Now go here to download an older version of Adobe Flash player:
6. Install Flash Player on to your computer.
7. And you are done! The problem should be resolved and you should be able to watch or listen to our files again.